Following on from our earlier posts around last month’s US Senate Antitrust hearing into Google, this video, comprising annotated highlights of the hearing, is intended to provide some background and insights into the more important inaccuracies and inconsistencies of Mr Schmidt’s testimony:
Archive for October, 2011
October 31st, 2011 No comments
Our Recent Posts and Articles
- Foundem's Comments on Google’s Revised Proposals
- Foundem's Analysis of Google's 1st Proposals
- Open Letter to Commissioner Almunia from 11 Complainants
- Foundem Remedy Proposals Part II January 2013: The Even-Handed Principle
- All Roads Lead to Remedies
- Foundem Remedy Proposals June 2012
- Would the Real Search Neutrality Please Stand Up
- The Google Bamboozle: Deconstructing Google’s Response to the Senate Antitrust Subcommittee
- A Video Deconstruction of Google's Testimony to the Senate Antitrust Subcommittee
- Penalties, Self-Preferencing, and Panda: Why Google's Behaviour Makes Antitrust Sanctions Inevitable
- Background to EU Formal Investigation
- Google's "Original Content" Mantras
- Foundem's New York Times Op-Ed
- Foundem's Comments to the FCC
- Making the Case for Search Neutrality
In The Press
- The Guardian: Google proposals: what will be EC antitrust chief's verdict?
- The Guardian: Google v European Commission: what's the issue over 'vertical search'?
- The Register: Google Wants to Turn Punishment into Profit
- The Guardian: Google could face 'tsunami of litigation' claims Foundem
- The Register: Antitrust nemesis accuses Google of 'WMD program'
- The Register: Google contradicts own counsel in face of antitrust probe
- The Register: Why the Google antitrust complaint is not about Microsoft
- Financial Times: Net Neutrality Comes Back to Haunt Google
- Der Spiegel: How Anti-Competitive is Google?
- The Guardian: Foundem accuses Google...
- European Voice: Searching questions for EU as small firm takes on giant
- New York Times: Texas Probes Google on Ranking of Search Results
- The Economist: Engine trouble: The European Union is right to take a closer look at Google
- Time Magazine: The EU Probe: Is Google Rigging Its Search Results?
- The Register: Google's antitrust probe spin answered
- The Register: Watchdog backs Google antitrust complaint with (more) data
- New York Times: Google’s Next Deal